Quantcast

Webmaster Site Updates

'Contact the Editor' Link

You can now contact the editors directly and quickly, by using the newly added link. It's located under the 'About' tab of the menu bar.

Compatibility: All Sites

Comments

phelpsfm 3 years ago

Dear sirs: How soon does one have to submit a written letter so that it wil get printed in the next edition?

sloughfrank 2 years, 4 months ago

Unintended Consequences?

Before allowing a brewery to forever alter the south end of the lake, it would be worthwhile to consider some of the likely consequences.

First of all, Cazenovia residents will be fine because most of them will quickly grow accustomed to the new smell. After a while, only out-of-towners will say, "Yo, friend, what's that stink?"

Another blessing will come from the typical domino effect that occurs when a residential area is heroically cracked open by industrial zoning. Where now there are nature trails winding through fields and forests will soon shine forth a bright neon hillside. Hail the new Cazenovia!

Heavy traffic and long waits at stoplights will give everyone ample time to fully appreciate these wonders of urbanization.

Seriously? Please slow down. Talk it through. Consequences that are later excused as being unintended are seldom truly unintended, merely undiscussed.

Frank Cunningham

JOHND 2 years ago

I asked this already, but didnt clarify my question well enough. I asked why you dont post the police blotter. You told me you do every week. What i meant to say was how come you dont post the police blotter on the online edition anymore? Last one i see is january 2013.

CharleneGrimes 8 months, 1 week ago

What can you say about a wonderful man! Mr. Dubik was just this and more. He would come in the kitchen at the high school about everyday. With a big smile on his face, and ask us how we were doing. We tried to always make sure that we had his favorite ice cream on hand for him. If we didn't he would let us know, and would be watching for it to come in. One day he walked in the kitchen and saw myself and the girl across from my station talking, He came back about a week later with a present for us. He had his wife buy Progresso Soup, so he could make us phones. He did the string and all. Those phones are still hanging between our station. Whenever I look at them I smile. He was a class act, caring, all around wonderful man. He is greatly missed in our kitchen. One more thing, he loved to tell jokes. Dennis and him would tell jokes to each other at the end of the day in the kitchen. Those were good times. RIP Mr. Dubik you are missed dearly. To the Dubik family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

RickChurchill 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I hope this reaches the family of Bob Kelly. I was not an in crowd kid. Never was good at baseball or football or basketball. the town sports. Then in 1959,in the fifth grade, I started to play hockey. The late Mr. Kelly started the team the year before . Every kid who showed up got on the team. Every line played in turn. I have no memory of winning or losing until I was 14. My bestest pals were hockey players. No finer mates could I have asked for. I had other Coaches but I own an eternal debt to that quiet supportive insurance salesman in my hometown of Caz. He gave me the opportunity to the learn the joy of mastering a sport, the value of team work,that you learn by listening and watching others and that if you never quit you stand the chance of winning! He was a good man, an enabler and I never thought to tell him that until it was too late. Too busy looking inward to realize the gifts he gave me.

RickChurchill 4 months, 2 weeks ago

In previous post I said 1959 whe I should have said 1962.